Serving Fort Qu'Appelle and Area
Tips for Conducting a Controlled Burn
- Always call in your controlled burn
- Never leave your fire unattended
- Keep your surroundings in mind
- Always check the weather forecast the day before and the day of burning. Avoid burning when there are moderate to strong winds and/or when conditions are extremely dry. Check forecasted wind conditions for 4 - 5 days after your controlled burn day. If moderate to strong wind gusts are forecasted, AVOID BURNING.
- Have a method and plan in place to extinguish your fire
- Keep your fire at least 25 feet away from structures or anything else you don't intend to burn
- If your fire becomes more than you can handle, don't be afraid to call for help.
- Ensure the fire is out completely before leaving
Fire Hazard Index
To Report a Controlled Burn
You will be asked the following questions:
- What is your location?
- Who is your fire service provider?
- Driving directions from your local fire department
- What are you burning?
- How long will your burn last?
- Name and phone number
- Land owner's name
Daily Wildfire Map
Controlled Burn Reporting Line